Friday 18 May 2012

Olive blossoms...almost!

I feel like a kid knowing the presents are ready and packed under the tree or hidden in the closet and awaiting the next day to be opened (you know the feeling, don't you?). Yesterday I've taken a stroll with my daughter in some of the fields to check how the insect attacks were developing (it seems we got to a temporary truce due to a temperature fall and a strong wind blowing for the last days) and after the due check, we focused on the almost blossoming olive flowers. Actually I did, my daughter was more focused on pulling weed (go guess) and playing with the poppies that right now are all over the place painting numerous red patches here and there.

I am happy the numbers of cadenelas is quite substantial, and hope the weather will be gentle during the period of impollination. Anyway, here you go with some pics of the soon-to-be olive flowers:


 
 




And since the light was so nice, we snapped some pics of the adjacent 9th century church of St.Lucy. I did not manage to take them from some nicer angles as my daughter was adamant to continue our bike ride (easy for her just sitting in the back!):




































I'll leave you for today with the looks of one of the young growths, now ship shape and Bristol fashion:





No comments:

Post a Comment